Joint Statement by President Trump and Prime Minister Abe of Japan regarding North Korea's missile threat


Mar-a-Lago
Palm Beach, Florida
10:38 P.M. EST
PRIME MINISTER ABE:   (As interpreted.)  North Korea's most recent missile launch is absolutely intolerable.  North Korea must fully comply with the relevant U.N. Security Council resolutions.  
During the summit meeting that I had with President Trump, he assured me that the United States will always with Japan 100 percent.  And to demonstrate his determination, as well as commitment, he is now here with me at this joint press conference. 
President Trump and I myself completely share the view that we are going to promote further collaboration between the two nations and also we are going to further reinforce our alliance.  That is all from myself.
PRESIDENT TRUMP:  Thank you very much, Mr. Prime Minister.  I just want everybody to understand and fully know that the United States of America stands behind Japan, its great ally, 100 percent.  Thank you.
END
10:40 P.M. EST

No comments:

Post a Comment